The regular school day begins at 7:35 a.m. and ends at 2:35 p.m.
Students are not to arrive on campus before 7:00 a.m. Once on campus, students are to report to the gym and remain seated by classes.
Students are not allowed in the classrooms before morning assembly unless accompanied by a teacher.
Parents are to drop off their students through the carpool line ONLY. Students are not allowed to walk from a parked car either on or off campus.
Morning Assembly begins at 7:35 a.m. in the gym and opens the school day with group prayer and announcements.
Dismissal time is very hectic for everyone. Please follow these dismissal rules:
- All car riders are to picked up in the carpool line.
- Students are not allowed to walk to a parked car on or off campus.
- No parent is allowed to pick up a student from the classroom without first checking with the office.
If you need your child to ride the bus to and/or from your home address, you have to go to the tangi schools website or click on the following link.
*You will then put in your home address and on the right side of the screen you will enter 7th or 8th grade. (You have to put one of these grades because St Joseph School is not in their system and we use the same buses as the Jr. High) and press “go”
*Click on Ponchatoula Jr High
*It will give you the name of the bus driver, the bus number, and the driver’s phone number.
*Call the bus driver to let them know your child will ride their bus
*Fill out the “Parent and Student Bus Policy Acknowledgment Form” and return it to school. A copy will be made for the office and the original will be given to the bus driver.
If you need your child to be dropped off at a location other than his/her home address, click on and fill out the“Transportation Special Request Form”. This form has to be completed, sent to the school office, and school will send it to transportation for review. ***THIS FORM MUST BE REVIEWED BY Tangipahoa Parish Transportation BEFORE A CHILD CAN RIDE THE BUS. DO NOT ASSUME THAT IT IS OK FOR THE STUDENT TO GET ON THE BUS. Don’t tell your child they can ride the bus until you know the request has been approved.
BOTH OF THESE FORMS ARE ALSO UNDER RESOURCES AND THE DOWNLOAD TAB
2016-2017 BUS RULES
- When riding a bus, whether during transport between home and school or on a field trip, students will be seated at all times and obey the directions given by the bus driver or chaperones.
- Students are not to eat, drink, or chew gum on the bus without permission.
- Students are to speak in quiet voices while on the bus.
- Students arriving at school on buses are to report directly to the gym unless directed otherwise.
- Students dismissed for early bus will immediately report directly to their waiting buses.
- Students waiting after school for their buses are to sit and remain seated until their buses arrive.
- Students waiting after school for their buses may leave the waiting area for library, restroom, water, etc. only with permission from the teacher(s) on bus duty.
- Duty teachers or chaperones must be obeyed in all instances to ensure the safety of the students.
More than half of the St. Joseph School students arrive or depart through the carpool line.
All carpool students are dismissed at 2:35. Students are called from the gym as their ride home approaches. These cars have a numbered hang tag. Students are not dismissed to cars without a hang tag. Extra are available to parents in the school office. Extra tags must be picked up in person by the parent.
Please follow the designated carpool route which can be accessed by clicking CARPOOL below.
Do no deviate from this route. Cutting in line is not allowed.
Carpool Route Steps